Missouri Damage Information Reporting Tool
Legislation on Damage Reporting was passed in the 2014 Missouri legislative session that changed Chapter 319; the Underground Facility Safety and Damage Prevention Act.
The revised statute, RSMo 319.026.10 states:
“No later than April 1, 2015, and each year thereafter, each underground facility owner who owns or operates electric, gas or pipeline facilities shall submit to a central repository designated by the notification center a report of damages experienced by its facilities for the prior calendar year. The notification center shall determine the minimum information to to be reported. All data submitted shall be aggregated and anonymous. Information provided by the underground facility owner specific to damage data submitted shall be accessible only to the underground facility owner unless otherwise designated by the underground facility owner”.
The central repository designated by the notification center (MOCS) is called MODIRT.
Click here for a copy of the informational form that will guide you through submitting the minimum information requested.
Follow the steps below to register and report damages.
- Go to the website cga-dirt.com
- Select Begin Registration, if not previously registered.
- Select start in the (Need to Register) box
- Answer the questions under these headings
- Country – United States
- Stakeholder Group – Type of underground facility you own
- Associated with the following – Missouri One Call System, Inc.
- Do you operate in a single state – (select) Missouri
- To complete the registration process select – Missouri Virtual Private DIRT when prompted.
- Select the appropriate tutorials at left of the login page for instructions on how to load information into Missouri Virtual Private DIRT.
Security information is provided in the tutorial section. Your information is only available to you and those that you allow access.
General Questions Contact:
John Lansford, Executive Director, Missouri One Call
Use the contact information located on the lower left side of the MODIRT login screen under the list of tutorials.